Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Veggie Lovin'

I often get stuck in a rut in the kitchen, making the same rotation of things over and over again until I never want to eat them again. Why? Out of comfort and the desire to perfect, I'm sure. I am a veggie freak, and as with the other foods I prepare, I often make the same veggies the same way over and over again. The following recipe is me trying to get out of the veggie rut, and trying to replace something I adore (mashed potatoes) with a healthier version. Try it, you'll like it (especially if you like cauliflower). And if you have a favorite veggie recipe, please share!

: : Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes : :

1 large head of cauliflower, washed and chopped into bite-sized pieces
1/8 cup of milk
1/8 cup of Half and Half (or Heavy Whipping Cream)
1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
a dash of salt
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper






Steam cauliflower until soft













          Add all ingredients to food           
  processor or blender













Blend until desired consistency is reached

No comments:

Post a Comment