Saturday, September 24, 2011

: Sight, Sound, Taste, Touch, Smell :

 Senses truly play into who I am on a day-to-day basis. I am realizing more and more how sensual of a person I am in the sense that my five senses (mainly sight and sound) dictate what I will feel, think, and how I will act on a given day. This morning I woke up to experience a silent house, a foggy scene outside my window, a cat on my lap, a warm cup of coffee, and my Bible. The gray, dark, chilly weather dictated the CD I chose to put on: David Gray's White Ladder. This album has been in a box, moving from house to house for quite a few years. I am so thankful to have found it again. It is definitely a subdued, quiet, thoughtful album...but for today's weather, it fit perfectly into my ears.


As I sat and enjoyed the scene unfolding in front of me this morning, I again realized how much music plays into the very core of who I am. If ever there is a day where I feel down or incomplete, it is usually because I have yet to listen to music. There are certain albums that will always go down as all time favorites. Counting Crows August and Everything After, Zac Brown's The Foundation, and David Gray's White Ladder are a few of my forever favorites. I often get so caught up in the newest music and easily forget about the old, faithful friends of years ago.

Today, I am thankful for all 5 senses, and for the ability to enjoy life through them. Here's to re-living life with the old faithful friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment