Sunday, November 6, 2011

: : Autumn : :

This past month has brought a flurry of activity for me, hence my silence in the blog world. It all began with a quick trip to California. I whirled into the dry, busy state I once called home on a Thursday, and spun back out on Sunday morning. During those precious hours, I dined with my Pops, had dinner with a slew of great girlfriends, got to go to my home church, had the privilege of photographing one adorable cowboy, helped my mom finish packing her house, loaded a moving truck, and set off with my mom to drive to Montana. Twas a lot to pack into 2 1/2 days, but well worth it. Here are a few of my favorite pictures of sweet, 2 year old, delightful Will. 













On Sunday morning, mom and I set out for a drive we prayed would go smoothly. We had loaded a 25 foot U-Haul, and it was towing her truck on the back, all wheels off the ground. I'm not sure we anticipated how truly long it would take us to get there, only being able to drive a maximum of 60 mph. After 1,084 miles later and two 13-hour days in the truck, we arrived in amazing Montana. Gosh, how I forgot how much I love that place. Here are some pictures from our trip there.

Nevada desert


 
       
FINALLY!!

Once we arrived in Montana and began to unpack, everything truly fell into place. We stayed there 4 nights, and we were able to get my mom settled into her new home. We enjoyed dinner with long time friends, walks in the brisk morning around her new town of Livingston (population 7,380), trips out to Paradise Valley, lots of giddy laughter (from exhaustion, of course), and good sleep. 
Downtown Livingston, Montana
Paradise Valley (aptly named)
Goats-Paradise Valley, Montana
Livingston, Montana


One might think that was the end of our trip....but oh no! From Montana, my mom drove me back to Oregon....786 miles away.

Two Women
One Chevy Blazer
Countless Gas Fill-Ups
One Pack of Neccos
Traversing 4 states (Montana, Idaho, Washington, Oregon)
Plenty of Bathroom Breaks
Laughing Til' It Hurt
Rain, Sun, Wind
+ All In ONE Day
____________________
Priceless


No comments:

Post a Comment